NON DESTRUCTIVE TESTING
Have you ever asked yourself; What is non destructive testing? Well, non destructive testing consists of different methods for measuring and assessing the material characteristics and structure of components without having to cause them any damage. Sometimes the definitions are quite vague so to put it simply; NDT testing is the process of testing the integrity and strength of an object without damaging it. There is an entire industry that is now built around testing materials, equipment, welds, and technology through safe and non abrasive techniques.
One of the phenomenal benefits of the Non-Destructive testing technology is that after an object has been tested it can continue to be used for its desired application as long as it passes the test. An example of this could be a lifting attachment or spreader beam. If the beam passes its test then it can be shipped directly to the end user as the testing did not alter the integrity of the beam; rather simply confirmed its integrity.
Arnish Engineering provides many types of weld testing services and are available to help no matter what size of company you work for. We’ve done a NDT test for welding shops and have also worked with large companies across the province in various fields and applications. No job is too big or too small for our experienced technicians.
AES Offering and NDT Testing Services
Our NDT Division Provides Specialized Quality Services Performed By A Team Of Highly Trained Technicians Under The Direction Of Experienced Professionals
What We Offer
- High Quality Inspection Services
- Competitive Pricing
- Concise Reporting
- Customized Inspections To Meet Your Project Requirements
- Preparatory work for ISO 9001 Certification, ISO 14001, ISO 45001, ISO 17020, ISO 17025 Certification preparatory work.
- Preparatory work for ASME Certification (U, R, U2, S, N, PP Stamps etc.)
- Developing ISO 9000 – Quality Manuals,
- Developing procedures and work instructions as per ASME / ISO 9712
- Setting up NDT labs
- Quality systems for NDT labs for NABL
- Review and approval of welding procedures and welders
- Vendor assessment and development
- Developing QA/QC system
- Setting up Internal Quality Services
- Quality System Audit Of Vendor
- Liaison with third party/statutory inspection agency
- Quality audits
- Health, safety and environment audits
- Consultancy in PED / CE marking
- Consultancy in ISO 3834, ISO 15085
- STS, RTG, ASC, Straddle Carrier, all Other Cranes, Lifts - Structural Inspections
- Forklifts, Reach Stackers, Ship Loaders, Unloaders etc
- Bridges - Structural Steel Inspections
- Custom Lifting Equipment, (E.G.. spreader beams, shackles, slings, etc)
- Steel Building Inspections
- Structural Fabrication Inspections
- Pressure vessels
- Heat exchangers
- Storage tanks
- Static Equipment and Rotary Equipment like valves and pumps
- Equipment for nuclear projects
- Ultrasonic Testing of raw material like plate, pipe, bar, forging, welds etc.
- Magnetic Particle Inspection and Liquid Penetrant Testing
- Casting, Forging, pattern inspection
- Welder and welding procedure qualification
- All types of destructive testing
The following methods are used to test almost all types of metal and steel:
- Visual Testing (VT) :- It requires no equipment except the naked eye of a trained inspector.
Weld Inspection, Steel Fabrication, Erection Inspection, and 3rd Party Reviews
- Ultrasonic NDT Test (UT): Uses sound waves that are at a high frequency in order to find flaws.
- Radiography NDT Test(RT): Uses radioactive technology such as Xray imagery for scanning materials.
- Magnetic Particle NDT Test(MPT): Finds defects near or on the outside of metal objects using a magnetic field.
- Liquid Penetrating NDT Test (LPT) Uses a liquid dye to see flaws and imperfections with the naked eye
- Quality Control / Quality Assurance - Resident Site Inspector
- Hardness Testing
Codes And Standards
- CSA W59 - Welded Steel Construction
- CSA W47.1 - Certification Of Companies For Fusion Welding Of Steel
- CSA Z150 - Safety Code For Mobile Cranes
- Occupational Health And Safety Act, 213/91: Construction Projects
- ASME B30.20 - Below The Hook Lifting Devices
- AWS D1.1 - Structural Welding Code, (American Welding Society)
- CSA S16 - Design Of Steel Structures
- CSA S6 - Canadian Highway Bridge Design
STS CRANE VT & MPT TESTING
Spreader VT & MPT Points
Structural Inspection project
Inspection activity in Ultrasonic Testing